Wednesday 14 May 2014

FINAL EVALUATION//BRIEF 04: MUSEUM OF CHILDHOOD//OUGD602

brief 04: museum of childhood, evaluation
This brief was on going from the start of the year when I started researching for it, however the final outcome was produced in the second part of the year.  I felt working over a longer time scale allowed me to develop the brief and take it in a different direction to what I firstly intended.  Originally the brief was to create some new branding and promotional material for the museum of childhood, however as the year went on and my practice developed I became more focused on publication design and so as I liked the subject matter of the brief I wanted to do something more linked with editorial design.  As part of my research I visited the museum of childhood which was good for initial ideas and to look at the different kind of exhibitions that were on and the curation behind current exhibitions.  After developing initial ideas with the branding area of the brief and looking particularly into the visual of childhood toys I gathered a number of sketches from individuals, ranging in age to get a contrast.  I wanted to use these original drawings as part of the design for the promotional material, however when the direction of the brief changed the brief became a lot more focused and I knew the kind of outcome I wanted to create.  My new concept was to propose an exhibition and design a publication that could either be sold or 


I think this brief has allowed my primary research skills to develop further, the entire content of the publication is made up from on going gathered research on peoples childhood memories.  This allowed the brief to constantly remain interesting which was important as it was considered over a long time period.  I think my concept/idea generation has improved as I had to think about ways I could make the exhibition proposal relevant to the museum of childhood as well as consider design direction.  This was a brief that enabled me to engage with people and therefore made the content of the publication more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment