Saturday 17 May 2014

BRIEF 04: MUSEUM OF CHILDHOOD//CRIT FEEDBACK//OUGD602


crit feedback:
I was struggling with the front cover for this particular brief as I didn't know quite how I wanted to display the exhibition on the front cover of the publication.  I thought it was important that the cover featured a small passage of what the exhibition was about, putting the book into context.  I wanted the cover to be quite simple and consistent with the design on the inside pages.

When in the crit I asked whether there should be any visuals on the front cover as I was quite aware that I didn't want to keep repeating the same visual frames throughout the book.  The general feedback was that there should be some sort of colour or visual on the front.  After discussing ideas I came up with the idea of a belly band that featured a few empty frames as imagery.
I thought this probably worked best as it allowed me keep the front cover quite plain and simple which is what I had intended but also allows a bit of colour and aesthetic of the outside appearance without being psychically printed.  I may explore further with the idea and potentially cut out the space between each frame if I want text to appear coming through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment