Sunday 18 May 2014

COP PUBLICATION//CONTEXT BEHIND WORK//OUGD602

design context publication
I really enjoyed putting the context of practice publication together as I feel it was a task in summing up my ideas, inspiration and practice into the form of a book.  I wanted the design, style and aesthetic of the publication to reflect me and the areas of design that I like.  I split the publication into areas that influenced me, briefly touching on first year, followed by second year with the most focus on third year.  I looked at themes that have influenced my work and general areas that I kept touching on when looking back over my extended practice, these included 

travel
journeys
reading
photography
editorial
Paris

I also looked at designers/studios that had impacted on my practice and influenced the style of my work, these included:

Studio Pyramid 
Caroline Aufort
Jim Dine
William Morris


This task allowed me to reflect on my practice and almost see it visually as a journey throughout the course and my design.  I also included my manifesto in the back on the publication as I felt this was relevant and almost summed up the booklet in ten points.

printed copy of of cop publication:
Influence & Inspiration

3 comments: