Sunday 30 March 2014

WORKING ON MANIFESTO POINTS//BRIEF 07//OUGD602

manifesto points:
As one of my briefs I wanted to design a personal manifesto that reflects me as an individual and as a designer.  I want the design to reflect the kind of design I do and the type of designer I want others to see me as.  After having done the PPP manifesto presentations I have been thinking more about the type of points I want to communicate in my manifesto.  I have complied a list of things I want to include so far:

01_keep inspired
Staying inspired means staying motivated, being motivated produces interesting work.

02_travel
I feel this is something that can really inspire new projects and ideas.  I feel its important in terms of experiencing new cultures, collecting new material, documenting findings, being exposed to new languages etc.  This is something I've always enjoyed and since interRailing around Europe I have used various bits of photography in design work.  This also ties into wanting to move to a different city and work there for a year, ideally Paris would be somewhere I would consider looking into in the near future.

03_document
I think as a graphic designer and someone who is meant to communicate, documenting is important as a source of inspiration.  I was first introduced to the documenting technique of mapping whilst doing my foundation, which I found to be a really interesting way of working that got some interesting results.  I think its important to document (photograph, map, take notes etc.) for professional reasons to help develop your practice but also for personal reasons.

04_collaborate
This is something I first experienced in second year whilst doing a D&AD brief. I found collaboration to be really useful in terms of developing ideas and progressing.  I think this opens new ideas and allows you to create things that you might not of done if working on it individually.  Its a good learning curve in terms of having to meet deadlines for other people, being reliable and learning to compromise and work as a team.

05_stay positive
Its important to maintain an optimistic attitude, not only relating to work but in general.  In terms of work, worrying and allowing yourself to get unnecessary stressed doesn't help progress and can result in not being able to move forward.

visuals so far for french fold manifesto:

No comments:

Post a Comment