Sunday 30 March 2014

TRIP TO PARIS//RESEARCH BRIEF//OUGD602

Paris trip:
Recently I went to Paris for a couple of days which I found to be a really useful trip in terms of progressing with a brief and inspiring me further.  Paris is somewhere I would love to live and work for a year within the next five years, I have started looking into some studios based there, however this is something I would like to look into properly after uni is finished.

Whilst on my visit it was refreshing to be doing some photography and documenting things that I found interesting and that could help to further my practice and progress with ideas.  As Lisa and I were visiting Paris at similar times we thought it would be appropriate to write a brief on it, this would allow us to get some great primary research, focus on photography (which is something we both wanted to concentrate on this brief) and tie our interests into one collaborative brief that would hopefully reflect our aesthetic interests.  We wrote the brief with the idea of it being a heavily researched based brief, mostly focusing on the documentation of Paris as a city.  Before I went we spoke about possible categories that we could split our research/photography into and came up with a few headers that we thought would visually work or that we were personally interested in:

  • Parisian architecture
  • Balconies and windows
  • Signage 
  • Fashion
The brief is intended to display in an aesthetically interesting way parts of Paris (avoiding all typical tourist approaches) photography is the main focus and so the idea is that the bulk of the brief is done whilst on the trip.  Then Lisa and I will come together with a bank of images and choose how best to display these.  We also wanted to look at displaying it in a digital format (web element) and thought a blog would be appropriate to record our findings.  Additionally we would like to create a publication that ties all the findings together in one place.

photography

No comments:

Post a Comment