Monday 31 March 2014

SELF EVALUATION//EASTER BREAK//OUGD602

self evaluation // Easter break
I have recently evaluated on my progress so far and made a plan that I need to stick to over Easter in order to get a certain amount of briefs done in time.  At the moment I have fully completed seven and am underway with another four, during this period I need to complete five resulting in twelve briefs being done by the time I get back, this leaves three briefs to do over four weeks when the last term starts.

things still left to to do during easter:

  • competition brief
  • museum of childhood brief
  • unsung heroes and heroines brief
  • personal manifesto brief
  • the drinks club branding brief 
after easter:
  • contemporary culture brief
  • film poster brief
  • exhibition of paris brief

other:
  • self branding 
  • ditto brief
  • cop publication

  • studio visits 
  • regular ppp blogposts
I feel worried about the amount there is to do with such a small time scale but I feel fairly confident in what I need to achieve by when and the kind of direction each brief is going in.  Some of them may need to be cut down in order to complete them all in time but the idea/concept behind each brief should still be the same even if the deliverables have to be cut down slightly.

evaluation:
I feel the second part of this year has been a lot more successful for me than the first part.  I felt quite lost with COP and this was disheartening and not especially motivating me.  I feel now that thats out of the way I can focus on what kind of direction I want to take my practice in.  Since the second part of third year I've felt a certain style develop within my work and an idea of how I want my portfolio to look and what I want it to say about me as an individual and as a designer.  With this in mind, I now have to try and stop wasting time at the beginning stages of a brief and putting too much of an emphasis on the developmental stages of the process, and focus more on the finished product.  I hope to of completed/finished off some of the briefs I am already currently working on by the end of the week, these are quite tight deadlines but need to be done in order to complete all the requirements in the time left.

No comments:

Post a Comment