Thursday 6 March 2014

TUTORIAL WITH BRIAN//OUGD602

4/3/2014 tutorial with Brian
Speaking to Brain today was really useful as I got some more great references and some nice ideas for other projects.  I explained my new idea about a french fold manifesto and an extended idea for my Rosy Lee brief.  I also asked about the best way to try and use my handwriting as part of my design, this is something I want to try for my unsung heroes brief as I feel this could possibly represent the design in a more successful way.  Brian suggested the high quality scans would work best.

issues discussed at tutorial:
'tea in Hyde Park' - develop a series of small books? use 'imposition' technique i.e. 1 sheet folded, print both sides (as per page layout)
'journal' quality day book - self referencing

*dialogue - mapping, 'the art of conversation'  reference: Massin (use of speech and typography)
William Burroughs
Sartori in Paris 

action:
International Book Fair (sat 8th) !!

reference: 
situationists
Walter Benjamin - circular walk
plan of action:  I feel I am engaging in quite a few briefs at the same time which is actually starting to get a bit hard to juggle as I feel like I'm constantly thinking about all these projects and ideas but not being as productive as I should be.  My aim this week is to finish off two briefs (dialogue and the collected writings of Rosy Lee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment