Friday 7 March 2014

TUTORIAL//BRIAN HINDMARCH//OUGD602

Tutorial with Brian:
I found this tutorial to be really helpful as Brian gave me some good references to help progress further with my work.  We discussed my new brief 'the collected writings of Rosy Lee' which I needed some help with as I was stuck on layout and needed some help picking appropriate typefaces for the publication.  We also discussed my unsung heroes poster and at some point will go over the arrangement to try and improve it.  

notes from tutorial:
memory...proust! = disappearing history

your choice and appropriateness of type - i.e layout and arrangement for 'unsung heroes'
-could proof read and discuss 'visual syntax'
-i.e not only face choice but fine detail - editing, layout, punctuation and abbreviation

apollinaire: typography/calligraphy 
ref. 'OnKarwa 
'John Clare'
Ellen Lupton - thinking with type
type: Lucas Van der Groot - 'thesis' hybrids, superfonts - combination of serif and san serif
Plan:
After talking to Brain and looking at his suggestions, I feel this will help bring some new ideas and definitely some new inspiration for the two projects that we spoke about.  I have looked up On Kawara, and I think he will be a really good source of inspiration for the 'unsung heroes' brief.  As for my next step with the project, after progressing further with it I feel I want my final outcome to be focused more on type rather than image - and I also need to be careful of not designing something that looks a little too like a display of old photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment