Friday 3 May 2013

DESIGN PRESENCE//VISUAL IDENTITY INITIAL IDEAS//OUGD502

VISUAL IDENTITY//LOGO DESIGN:
I wanted to try and design something simple as this would be my first time branding myself and I don't know what style I want to come across at such an early stage so something basic to start with would allow me to see where I could take it further as I develop.  I couldn't think of one particular image/object/symbol that could represent me as a person and as a graphic designer so I started looking at typefaces that I liked and the way I could arrange my name:

I wanted to use my full name for my visual identity as I feel I have more to work with I have used one of my favourite typefaces, letter gothic std, this is obviously too plain by itself but I like the style the typeface gives.  
I tried using a design without my full name and using a basic line positioned in a certain way, I prefer the way my name looks in all lower case, although I like the line as I think it adds something more to the design:
Developing:

I prefer this design with my full name and the line positioned in this way, however I feel its still quite simple and needs something a little more to allow the branding to be easily spread across a range of products:
I thought adding a symbol/shape would give the logo a bit more than just my name typed out, this way this shape could be applied to a range of products as a pattern or I could somehow incorporate my initials into the shape.
Playing around with the shape and my initials:
I thought one of these symbols could be used as part of the design along with my name, something that could be placed on the bottom of the letterhead or the business card rather than just my name.  I feel the design is fairly basic but I didn't want to over complicate it with something that could give the wrong impression about me as a design student.
Final idea for visual identity:
I need to think about potential colours for the range of branded products

No comments:

Post a Comment