Friday 24 May 2013

DESIGN PRESENCE//WEBSITE RESEARCH//OUGD502

WEBSITE RESEARCH:
I wanted to look into some basic website design to get some ideas for my own.  I think the simple ones work the best, and even though at this stage I am only mocking it up, I need to be realistic with what I could potentially build and so want to look at some basic designs to start.
This is the website of one of my favourite designers Caroline Aufort, I think the layout and design of the website is quite simple but works well and looks clean and stylish.  All the work is clearly shown in a standard grid format making t=it easy to navigate.
When clicking on a project it then takes you to a new page with a passage about the work and a basic scroll down which shows a selection of images of the project.
I think this is a nice design, I quite like the idea of having images of my work all in black and white on the homepage as I think this will make the design look more consistent.  When clicking on the image of the work it would go back to its original colours.  I think having the logo placed at the top of the page works well.  I also like the idea of having one big image to focus on as soon as you click onto the homepage and then having other projects below with a smaller image:
I like the simplicity of this layout with the navigation at the top, I think laying the images of the work out in different sizes makes the layout slightly more interesting.  I also like the way the logo has been applied in the top left hand corner, noticeable but not too distracting from the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment