Monday 13 May 2013

DESIGN STRATEGY//REFLECTING ON WORK THROUGHOUT THE YEAR//OUGD502

REFLECTING ON WORK THROUGHOUT THIS YEAR:
After looking back throughout this year I have selected the briefs that I thought were the most successful and the ones I enjoyed the most.  This was the last practical brief I did of the year apart from my self branding.  I think its positive that one of the briefs I thought was most successful and enjoyable was one at the end of the year as it shows some progression.  However, I still have some regrets about the final products.  

I enjoyed the research element, gathering research from a number of sources to inform me about my chosen subject, which definitely aided my design direction.  These were the research boards for my final design and how the research progressed as the brief went on:



My regrets with the final outcome are mostly to do with my time management and organisation skills. I liked the concept and the idea behind the designing but I didn't leave myself enough time to execute the final products as well as I should of. I wanted to explore more with the print possibilities and use the laser cutter to create some of my final pieces. I also think my work lacks massively in terms of presentation. Next year I need to make a conscious effort of leaving enough time to be able to photograph my work in a photography studio to enable my work to look as professional as it can. I feel this is essential when going into third year as I will be looking to use most of the work to build a portfolio. These are my boards for the final designs:

No comments:

Post a Comment