Friday 19 April 2013

DESIGN STRATEGY//REFLECTING ON WORK THROUGHOUT THE YEAR//OUGD502

RESPONSIVE MODULE OVERVIEW REFLECTION AND SPECIFIC BREIFS I THOUGHT WENT WELL:
When I first handed in the responsive module I didn't feel confident about the grade as I felt due to bad time management the final execution of the briefs were not to a standard I was happy with.  However my feedback was really encouraging and I felt a lot better about the module after that.   I have selected some briefs that I thought went well throughout the module:

1. Photography rebrand
This was one of the first branding projects I did throughout the year, for my first attempt I was quite happy with it.  For future projects I would definitely like to learn some skills on photoshop so I can mock it up in a more professional manner.  I feel overall the branding was quite consistent and the website mock up was appropriate for communicating a photographers profession.

2. Collaborative//Ted Baker
This was one of the first briefs I had collaborated on and the experience taught me a lot.  I really enjoyed being able to bounce ideas of each other and build strong concepts using two sets of ideas.  I also liked the safety net of having someone else to rely on to enable us to take risks.  It also taught me to be a lot more organised as someone else was relying on me and so meeting preliminary deadlines was important. 

I am overall pleased with the effort and contribution we both made.  There are things I would of done differently in terms of final outcome but this was due to our bad time management skills.  I think the main focus of this brief, for us, was the concept behind it, it was very concept driven in terms of campaign name, location, audience and the idea behind the unique selling point which I was happy with.  However next time I would of left more time for practical designing.


3.Hellfire
I didn't expect to like this brief because at first I struggled with an idea, however once I'd thought of a concept it became a lot easier and I was fairly happy with the final result.  I liked the imagery used and I thought the concept was fairly strong which is what I was most pleased with.  In terms of mocking it up onto a bottle etc. I definitely need to improve as I feel inadequate on photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment