Thursday 24 April 2014

SELF BRANDING//DEVELOPING DESIGNS//OUGD602

self branding:
This ties into one brief that I've been working on for extended practice which will go nicely with my self branding.

manifesto development:
I wanted to call my manifesto 'A practice for everyday life' as I thought this was quite a nice title, however a design studio in London are already called that so I need to think about changing the title of the manifesto.  I have referenced William Morris in my manifesto as I took his views and morals from researching into him on my COP module.  News from nowhere is a sub heading for my manifesto which is taken from a title of collected writings by William Morris.  My logo will also feature on my manifesto as part of my self branding.  The typeface used throughout is Minion pro, which is the text most of my branding is, although for the body copy of the manifesto I have chosen letter gothic stnd, which I think compliments each other as they are both quite different.
original layout:
My initial thoughts were to have the manifesto written as a list, my point as the heading, supported by a quote that displayed the above point.
I ended up changing the layout to suit my personal branding a little better.  My ten points are made up of either people I admire or the quote being very fitting to the point I was making in the manifesto.  I have also decided to call the manifesto 'this time tomorrow' which is one of my favourite songs by the Kinks and also quite appropriate for a manifesto title.
final layouts:
This is how the final A4 manifesto will look, featuring the ten points and quotes, these quotes include: John Lennon, William Morris, Monet, Van Gogh, Albert Einstein etc.  The title of the manifesto includes a reference from Morris (News from nowhere) and a Kinks song for the title, 'this time tomorrow'

As well as my branding logo I wanted to include my name and title which is part of my branding, written in the same typeface.  These were the two layouts, with my name centrally aligned and aligned to the left.  At first I preferred the left aligned, however after getting some feedback and looking at it in terms of heir-achy, I think it was important to have my name and title aligned centrally as its quite an important part.
calendar development:
Along with the manifesto and the other products for my self branding I wanted to create a personal calendar that actually ties in with the manifesto.  My manifesto was a ten point manifesto, I will apply these morals and quotes to each month of the year and then add two extra quotes for the two remaining months.
final calendar: I don't know whether to print on white/cream stock or to see whether brown parchment would work well for this, I think its worth testing on both because I think the brown could work surprisingly well.



No comments:

Post a Comment