Saturday 5 April 2014

SELF BRANDING//DEVELOPING DESIGNS//OUGD602

self branding: developing designs//first attempts
When thinking up some initial branding ideas my thoughts about typeface were always to use Minion Pro as thats one of my favourite typefaces and I think my name suits the typeface when written out in full.  I started looking at all three of my initials and how I could incorporate KSB into a single logo.  This was my first attempt, rotating the S and using it as a kind of symbol that enclosed the K and B.  I didn't really like the overall look of the symbol, however and I don't think it especially says anything about me as a designer or graphic design in general.
This was my second attempt, writing my name in full and placing it on a black square background (obviously positioning of type would be more accurate if I decided to use this logo - quick mock up)  However,  I liked this idea less than the first one, I feel this looked too corporate and said less about me than the first attempt.  I cant help thinking it looks like a logo for some kind of law firm etc.
This is an attempt to include my handwriting within the logo as I thought this could allow the design to look and feel more personal.  Again, with the combination of my chosen typeface I feel like it looked as though it represented a letter from a bank with a signature from the manager or something similar.
This is the closest attempt I've had so far.  Its not something Im completely happy with but its closer to the kind of thing I would want for my self branding, more so than any previously designed and an improvement already on last years attempt.  This is using the same typeface but lower case as opposed to all upper.  I think this would work nicely as a stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment