Thursday 24 April 2014

SELF BRANDING//DEVELOPING DESIGNS//OUGD602

self branding list:
I have made a list of items that I hope to create as part of my self branding.  I have already created my logo which I'm quite happy with, I think it reflects me as a designer and is a huge improvement from last years self branding.


logo
postcards
business cards
-
calendar
manifesto
-
creative cv
website

logo:


business card development: I have to consider that the final outcome of this branding may possibly look different when printed as I feel a lot of it relies on the stock choice, and from the early stages of designing I decided I wanted to print on brown stock with textured creams as I think these would compliment each other.

I want the business card to be a simple design which will be printed on two different coloured stocks (the brown and cream) at the moment Im unsure whether to include the logo as I think the name in Minion Pro allows the branding to be consistent without it and as its such a small ares to work with on the business card I don't want it to look over crowded.
I don't know whether I like the black highlighted details, I think it would look quite nice on white/cream stock but less so on the brown as it would then be a combination of black, white and brown ink and stock, which I think could start to look a little busy and not very complimentary.
This is what the business card would look like if the logo was placed on the front.  I don't think it looks as bad as I first thought, I thought with all the information on the front, having the logo would make te design too busy, but I think I can get away with it.
Alternatively I could have the logo on the back of the card, keeping the front of the business card purely for contact details.  This is something I will think about before printing, and also what stocks would work best for the business card, I feel white/cream may be more suitable for business cards.
letter head:
Again, to keep the branding consistent I wanted the letter head to be clean and simple, this is something that will be printed on white/cream stock as opposed to brown and obviously because its a means of contacting people it needs to look professional and stylish.  In the letter head I decided to include the 'news from nowhere' (William Morris) and a quote taken from my manifesto which I thought looked quite good in the left hand side of the wide margin.  I have also included the header and the logo, however this was hard to decided with the positioning.
 Placing the logo on the letter head was quite hard because I couldn't work out if it should be in the margin or in the corner of the page.  I cant decided at the moment because I think they all look slightly out of place.  At the same time I think all of them could work apart from the fourth one, I think thats too busy with the text in the margin.
stickers & postcard
I wanted to create some extra prints for the branding and for the postcards thought about using photography I had taken overlaying that with Minion Pro.  I think this could add some colour and visual to the branding, and also show the kind of photography I have done.  i wanted to design some stickers that could be applied across some books for stationary branding, these will be simple and have similar designs to the business cards etc.

I also looked at manipulating the logo a bit as I quite liked the effect I got when using the scanner.  I think this could work quite well for certain things within the branding as long as it was kept consistent and the main logo was still consistent throughout all the other designs.
postcards: As well as the photography postcards I also wanted to have one with a little passage about me as a designer, or what I consider to be an accurate description of me as a designer.  Postcards will be printed on white stock as opposed to brown, I think this would suit the style more so.  On the right is my with compliments slip which is similar in terms of layout to my letter head.

No comments:

Post a Comment