Friday 14 February 2014

MANIFESTO PRESENTATION//OUGD602

manifesto presentation
I approached the presentation by looking at and reflecting upon what I had done so far this year, then taking everything into account I started to compile a list of things that I feel should be in my manifesto - it is yet to be finished.

slide one: talk about what I enjoy and what area of graphics I am specifically interested in, editorial, photography and print.  Mention progress from first to third year.

slide two: talk about what I would like to do after uni, design job in Paris for six months to a year or more, learn language etc.  Been in contact with a few graphic design studios in Paris

slide three: Visiting the Parisian book shop that opens into a gallery, create work like publications and photography zines (the kind of work I like) talk about emailing Caroline Aufort - one of my favourite designers.

slide four: COP module giving me more confidence to get in touch with designers, research to a higher level - this is the work produced for the practical element which allowed me to use my own photography and work with layout.

slide five: talk about the development of unsung heroes - past istd brief - looking into concepts and the meaning of memory, photography wall display, like working with text.

slide six: contemporary culture brief, contacting designers in order to get a selection of contrasting images - allows me to be broad with the final outcome of the brief - encouraging to talk to designers - my favourite brief - photography and editorial.

slide seven: manifesto, this is the starting point of my manifesto - based on what i've learnt from the year so far, will add to it as the year goes on...keep inspired: if you're inspired you're motivated, you can be producing the best work. 
travel: go to as many places as you can, experience different cultures, get inspired 
read: really like working with text - read for inspiration, read to learn more etc.
document: always have a camera on you, always capture, not just for work but for personal reasons, create images for memories


No comments:

Post a Comment