Saturday 5 May 2012

OUGD402//WHO ARE YOU//NATHAN BOLTON

An interview wit Nathan, we had to interview each other in class to get a better idea about one another in order to create our spread:
+where are you from?
Huddersfield 
+what is your earliest memory?
going on holiday to France with my family
+which living person do you most admire and why?
Dad, from having nothing, he set up his own business and is now successful and making profits etc.
+cat, dog or other? tell us why?
dogs- dogs are more friendly 
+Where would you like to live? what would you do if you lived there?
Prague, laid back life style, hopefully doing graphic design
+what would your super power be? way would you use it for?
slow time down- do twice as much work - make life easier 
+if you could bring something extinct back to life what would you choose?
dinosaur 
+what is your most unappealing habit?
biting my nails
+what is your favourite word?
safe/init - just say them all the time
+what is your favourite book?
magazine - grafik - its to do wit what I'm interested in - inspiration for my own work
+which four people would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Jamie Oliver, Jason Manford, Anthony Burrill
+if you could edit your past, what would you change and why?
I wouldn't change anything, everything happens for a reason
+if you could go back in time where would you go and what would you do?
go back to Australia - spend more time to experience it more
+what is your greatest achievement?
getting into LCA
+tell us a secret?
I don't keep secrets

I then had a look on Nathan's blog to get more of an idea about him, what he likes and his style of work etc.
I found the '10 things I've learnt about myself personally and professionally' good to look at for this project because it gives a personal insight into what Nathan thinks about himself:

10 things I've learnt about myself personally: NATHAN BOLTON
1. I am a driven person, once i get the idea of something or know that i want to do something, i will do it straight away and not stop until i have finished it
2. I am impatient, walking around leeds i find myself always walking around people who walk slow, i hate waiting in queues and if i know I'm going to get something i want it straight away.
3. I am organised, quite a lot actually. I like to make lists and make sure that i know what has to be done. With all the work we've had so far, i have found doing this has kept me up to date with everything, which is a good thing!
4. Graphic design is now part of my life, i pretty much live it, there isn't a part of the day when i don't think about something I'm designing or come up with an idea for a design.
5. I can cook! i have lasted so far cooking for myself and not got food poisoning or anything
6. I like visual things, i have found that i haven't really taken to reading books with seems and seems of pages, id much rather look through a magazine or just at images online.


7. I love publication design!

8. How to manage my money, having my loan and making it last the full time and not getting into debt. I have found that i have to substitute some things for others. e.g id much rather spend more money on decent food than having a night out!
9. I am a perfectionist, with pretty much anything that i do. I like everything to be exact and everything to be in order.

10. I get distracted really easily.

Another thing I found interesting for this project was looking at the task where we had to find 10 interesting questions we'd ask ourselves, so I looked at Nathans answers in order to get some more background information:
Task
To think of 10 interesting thing to ask yourself to identify your own audience characteristics
Identify 3 pieces of work that you like because of who you are
1. How old are you?
19
2. Do you consider yourself as creative?
yes
2. Has your education influenced you in any way to what you like in design?
yes, when i was in school i didnt like doing exams, so i choice to do graphic design as a btec, my love for it grew from there and thats where i began to learn more and more.
3. What is your favourite type of design?
editorial/typography
4. Do you prefer digital design or the older techniques?
i love screenprinting and letterpress, but i also like digital design too. I think if you mix the two together right i can look amazing.
5. Where would you like to travel out of anyway in the world?
Australia, singapore, prague
6. What do you spend your money on the most
food, printing work, travel.
7. What would you do with a free night?
look at design work, create new designs, watch tv. generally relax and do what i enjoy
8.What is your favourite type of food?
curry and italian
9. How much time do you spend on a computer a week?
pretty much the majority of every day
10.What music do you listen to?
pop-punk, rock, general, anything!



Ive looked at work Nathan's designed himself, these are some of my favourite pieces:
I think Nathan has a simple, clean cut, very professional approach to his design work, I will try and apply this to my double page spread about him:

 Group work:

No comments:

Post a Comment