Sunday 27 May 2012

OUGD402//WHO ARE YOU//NATHAN BOLTON-300 WORDS

300 WORDS ABOUT NATHAN BOLTON:
Using a combination of information from the interview with Nathan and information from his PPP blog, I've put together this article:


Nathan Bolton is a nineteen year old graphic designer from Huddersfield studying BA Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art.  I caught up with him to ask a few questions about life as an up and coming designer.  
Whats something you've learnt about yourself this year?
 I am a driven person, once I get an idea or decide I want to do something I will do it straight away and not stop until i have finished it.
This must definitely help with keeping on top of work?
Yes definitely! I am organised, quite a lot actually. I like to make lists and make sure that I know what has to be done. With all the work we've had so far, I've found by doing this its kept me up to date with everything, which is a good thing!
How has the course effected your practice?
Graphic design is now part of my life, i pretty much live it, there isn't a part of the day when i don't think about something I'm designing or come up with an idea for a design.
Did you always know you wanted to go into such a creative field?
Yes, when i was in school I didn't like doing exams, so I chose to do Graphic Design as a BTEC, my love for it grew from there and thats where I began to learn more and more.
What do you like to do when you have a free minute?
Look at design work, create new designs, watch tv. generally relax and do what I enjoy

What is your favourite book?
magazine - grafik - its to do with what I'm interested in - inspiration for my own work
Which four people would you invite to your dinner party?
Jamie Oliver, Jason Manford, Anthony Burrill
Sounds great!  One last thing, tell us a secret?
I don't keep secrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment