Monday 28 May 2012

OUGD402//END OF MODULE EVALUATION


EVALUATION:
1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I feel throughout this module I have learnt a lot about myself as a learner and a graphic design student. This module has given me the opportunity to reflect on my progress through the tasks that we we're given and the blogging of evaluations .  I feel like Ive used my blog in this module and feel I have a much better understanding of what graphic Design actually is and the importance of it.  I feel like I now know a lot more about publications and where graphic design can be used.  I think it has definitely helped me understand graphic design more and not just as a subject but outside of that and what impact it has on the world.  This module has made me reflect on how I work and can take away from it what I need to improve for next time.
2. What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I used primary research for my 'speaking from experience' brief, I also think my illustration skills have improved from OUGD403.  I think this brief has been a lot about reflecting on your practice which I think has helped me understand what weaknesses I have with work etc.  
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think my presentation boards for speaking from experience worked well visually and were informative.  I think some of my blogging was consistent and reflected my progress.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I think this is the module I've done the worst in.   There are a lot of things i have reflected on and a lot of things i need to do in order to improve for next time.  I started off enjoying the module because I felt like I was reflecting on things that I could to improve as a graphic design student.  However as the brief began to run alongside OUGD401 and OUGD406 I found it hard to keep up to date with on going blog investigations.  I think trying to juggle the publication (ougd401) brief with speaking from experience and its your choice proved hard because it definitely had an impact on all three of the final outcomes.  I thought the postcards could of worked really well if printed properly, on good stock, and I would of given myself enough time to do more so they could of worked well as a set.   I think my presentation of my final prints were terrible because they were done in the mac suite, again this is down to time management and organisation skills.  I thought my double page spread wasn't good enough.  Some of the designs in my speaking from experience and who are you brief were not up to a good enough standard because of lost work.
5. Identify 5 things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
-DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE TO COMPLETE THINGS
-BOOK A PRINT SLOT
-MORE DEVELOPMENT WORK
-LEAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PRESENT/SORT FOLDER OUT
-BACK UP WORK ON HARD DRIVE 
6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
Attendance: 4
Punctuality: 4
Motivation: 4
Commitment: 3
Quantity of work produced: 2
Quality of work produced: 1
Contribution to the group: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment