Tuesday 16 April 2013

DESIGN PRESENCE//SELF BRANDING RESEARCH AND INSPIRATION//OUGD502

SELF BRANDING RESEARCH AND INSPIRATION:


BRANDING FOR N. DANIELS “This is the stationery design for N. Daniels, a rep and photo producer in Vienna. It’s simple, cool and thermo sensitive. The black color of the varnish fades at body temperature – as soon as you hold it in your hands you literally produce an image by yourself. It’s a dynamic and living design – the business cards are little polaroids with a constantly changing surface.”
I really like this simple, clever idea for the branding of N. Daniels.  It looks very professional and the concept works really well for what the branding is for (photo producer)  The simple typeface against the images that constantly change are really effective.  I like that each card is unique and one off due to the thermo sensitive paper.
I think the branding looks clean and simple, refined designs making it look professional and consistent throughout.  I would quite like my self branding to look this clean cut, however I don't feel it would reflect my work as much as it should.
SELF BRANDING: OLESYA KURULYUK
Creating an identity for myself was one of my most challenging projects. This project required me to create an identity that would tell about me as a person, me as a designer, and would solve my biggest challenge so far – my foreign background.

As a designer I tend to start with an idea and create my designs the way a builder builds a wall – brick by brick.
As a person I aim to reach higher (step by step) and I am eager to learn something new every day.

As a foreigner I have a name that is unusual and can be hard to remember. I want to show that unusual is also unique, and that being a bit different lets you see things others don’t.

The result is a logotype focusing on my name with an element (the underline) that represents both a brick and a stair.

I chose a “less is more” approach for my identity that conveys style and quality. It is meant to visually complement my portfolio designs instead of visually competing with them. I therefor carefully chose paper stock and used subtle color throughout the design.




















The attention to detail is what I feel makes this self branding successful.  The idea of using a bottle to create your CV on has been done quite a few times, however, because of the executions and consistent branding throughout, I feel this stands out.  I also think, for online purposes, it was a good idea to make a giff just showing the bottle as a moving image so that you can see the detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment