Wednesday 27 March 2013

BUSINESS CARD RESEARCH//OUGD502

BUSINESS CARD RESEARCH:
Before looking to design my own business cards I have researched into some that I like the designs of.

I really like these business cards designed by Allan Peters, I think the general idea of them is something that is presented well and definitely memorable.  I think it looks of good quality with the stock used and attention to detail such as the debossed 'Michael Barley photography' and the sticker holding the business card inside the envelope.
I also like the individuality of the business cards with each one having a different picture on the back of the card that can slide out.  This is something that I would keep based on the design.  I think the general execution and attention to detail is what makes the business card work so well.
This is a really simple design but iI think it looks really nice and professional, this is something that I would like to do when creating my own design, I think the simplicity of it really works and I would like to try a process when creating my business card to give it an extra touch.
Evan Calkins:  I was honored when the Milk team hired me to print their new business cards. It was a pleasure working with Kevin Rose and Daniel Burka. Daniel designed these stunning, minimal cards, and they turned out amazing on the press. (Sharon McPeake was co-designer on the Milk logo)
A Batch of cards were printed on 110lb Crane Lettra Ecru, with another set printed on the extra thick 220lb stock. The Milk logo is centered on the card with a blind impression. The contact information on the reverse side was printed with a lighter impression to contrast the heavy impression on the logo.

I think this works well, its clean design and simple logo in the middle of the business card makes it the main focus, on nice stock it looks of good quality and professional design.
Stock and colour, simple shape, looks neat.  I think stock helps presentation of business cards, I like the idea of textured stocks.
“Frank’s is the first speakeasy bar in Buenos Aires. The materials and textures refer to a certain rustic characteristic of the 20′s with aesthetic aspects of the prohibition era.”

I like the idea of having my business card on a similar stock to this one, I think the black ink looks good against the brown stock.  I think type is important on a business card as you have to work to a small scale so the type needs to deliver a message that represents you as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment