Monday 21 October 2013

PLANNING AND ORGANISING BRIEFS//EXTENDED PRACTICE//OUGD602


PLANNING AND ORGANISING THE YEAR
As this year is going to be a lot more independent in terms of the briefs I am doing and the deadlines I will need to meet, it is vital that I plan and organise my time wisely.  Time management will be key to this years success as I will have ongoing projects throughout the year that will need to be constantly worked on along side quick briefs that will need to be completed within a week or two.  

Now that I have finalised my eight briefs I need to give rough time scales and allocations to each brief, taking into account length of practical outcomes, collaborations, research, planning and time management.


EIGHT BRIEFS:
01. Contemporary Culture
02. Zanzibar Spice Tour Rebrand
03. La Langue Française
04. Museum of Childhood
05. Unsung Heroes and Heroines (past ISTD)
06. London Stories (SECRO ILLUSTRATION PRIZE)
07. Pen Pals (ROSE STUDENT AWARDS)
08. Spectrum (Collaboration with Emily Ball)

In terms of time scale I have separated them into two categories, whether they will be long briefs or shorter briefs.  As it stands my Contemporary Culture brief will be my longest brief, spanning from now until towards the end of next year.

Three more briefs that will span over a longer time period include:
-Pen Pals
-Museum Of Childhood 
-Spectrum (collaboration)

My four shorter briefs include:
-Zanzibar Spice Tour Rebrand
-La Langue Française
-London Stories
-Unsung Heroes and Heroines 

Im estimating between 1-3 weeks each for the shorter briefs and looking at one-two months for The Museum of Childhood and Pen Pals.  The last two briefs, Contemporary Culture will run until next year, with Spectrum hopefully having the outcomes complete by January.

No comments:

Post a Comment