Saturday 24 November 2012

CREATIVE INDUSTRIES//JOHNS TASK TWO//OUGD502

WHO AM I NOW?//WHAT KIND OF PROFESSIONAL CAN I BE?

These are things we develop most subconsciously.  BUT there are certain things that help us with our practice.

ORGANISATION 
time management 
thought processing  
investigating methods 
recording methodology
decision methods
evaluation

EVALUATION
How do we evaluate the kind of person we are? are we...
evolutionary - revolutionary
a manager - an opportunist 
cautious - a risk taker

TASKS:
Make a list of 3 of each of these.
My chosen areas of practice as of now. 
My main strengths as of now.
My identified weaknesses as of now. 

A set of main goals for this year. 
Wishes. 


MY CHOSEN AREAS OF PRACTICE AS OF NOW:
  • Editorial and publishing - I really enjoy layout and producing publications etc.  At the moment I haven't explored with many binding techniques which I want to look into further 
  • Photography - I use to incorporate photography into my work a lot more, its something I think looks really good and would love to put time aside to pursue it, this way I can use photoshop more and create some work thats not so illustrator heavy.
  • Branding and Identity - this is something I like, especially when researching for inspiration, however its not something I feel completely confident in and would like to know how to brand something successfully.
MY MAIN STRENGTHS AS OF NOW:
  • Layout - I think since being on this course and using inDesign has allowed me to develop an interest in layout and the relationship between type and image, which I want to continue to improve.
  • analysis and evaluating work -  I think I can definitely recognise my own weaknesses and take on board what needs to be improved, I think I take constructive criticism well as am open on ways to improve work.  I think I can reflect on how things need to be improved for next time as to not make the same mistake.
  • research - this is something I enjoy doing before going on to design, I think it definitely informs your practice by researching thoroughly into the subject to allow you to make the correct decisions about audience, distribution and visual appeal.
MY IDENTIFIED WEAKNESSES AS OF NOW:
  • Web - This is something i had never done before second year and found it quite hard to pick up, dreamweaver is something I'm not confident in and so need to improve these skills in order to feel I can use it to a certain standard.
  • Typography - type is something I never focus heavily on when designing, even though I like working with image more I understand type is an important part when designing and need to step out of my comfort zone and explore typography further.
  • Time management - this is something I struggle with on every project, underestimating time taken to do certain things, or taking too long with concepts and development and not leaving enough time to produce a product to the standard and quality it deserves.
A SET OF MAIN GOALS FOR THIS YEAR:
  • Do a work placement - this is something I think is important, to get a feel for the industry atmosphere and gain confidence in the subject.
  • Achieve work I feel proud enough to go in my portfolio - having a large body of work will be important when leaving the course, I wish to produce a body of work from this year that I feel is to industry standard and can be displayed in my portfolio.
  • Make a personal website - online presence is important in this subject, I need to get my work online and feel confident enough to display it.
THREE WISHES:
  • To travel
  • to be fulfilled 
  • to get a job I love

No comments:

Post a Comment